Business Operations Optimization and Re-engineeringBusiness Operations:
Business Operations are activities involved in the day to day operations of the business conducted for the purpose of generating a profit (ref: business dictionary.com).
Commercial businesses strive to achieve the three imperatives to secure the profits for stakeholders.
- Generate recurring income
- Increase the value of the business assets
- Secure the income and value of the business
As defined above the purpose of Business Operations is to convert needs to profit for the stakeholders in the business. The stakeholders could be shareholders in a commercial business or end customers in a public business (DoD, Federal, State, etc.). An alternate interpretation of the three business imperatives to public business is shown below.
- Generate sponsored funding to support your efforts to solve the needs of your end customers.
- Increase the value of your organization assets in the view of your customers and funding sponsors.
- Secure the loyalty of your customers and the value of your enterprise to both the customers and funding sponsors.
Profit for the public model is measured in end customer needs satisfied and those additional needs you can satisfy with better business operations. It is also measured by the funding sponsors and stakeholders (Congress – PEOs – OT&E organizations – end users) in return on investment and delivered results.
At OTD Solutions & Services we offer specialized consulting services aimed at increasing the key performance metrics for defense, public and commercial enterprises. Our support services span phases from discovery through transformation, implementation and deployment. Including:
- Studies and Analysis
- Strategic Planning and Innovation
- Acquisition Support
- Business Process Reengineering
- Lean Six Sigma Performance Improvement
- Change Management
- Information Management
- Knowledge Management
- Program and Project Management